"Once your consciousness has been raised, it cannot be lowered"

My parenting journey, our home educating family and some other stuff here and there....


Monday 5 July 2010

Anglesey

Last weekend we were invited to go camping in Anglesey with some lovely folks, so we went. It sounds so simple but it took a whole 2 weeks of deliberation for us to decide to pack the car and go. We ended up making a snap decision, frantically packing up and driving into the evening on Friday. We pitched the tent with seconds to go before the light disappeared completely!

I'm so glad we went. It was such a beautiful place and we were extremely lucky to have a gloriously sunny day at the beach.






It was Esme's 5th Birthday, which felt almost as momentous as us hot-footing it out of the city. How can it be 5 years since she was born?! Esme was delighted to be around friends and running wild and free. Five is suiting her so far. My beautiful, thoughtful, happy little girl. I love her so much.


Magnus is asking to go camping again and keeps saying "beach...again....soon"


Even Bruce did lots he things he wouldn't normally....


....well, almost! He did sit in a different place!

We found loads of dead crabs, saw jellyfish in the sea and were all delighted when one of the Dads found this dogfish egg, you could see the baby fish's heart pulsing inside and it was moving about.


We shared food, the children, washing up, stories, thoughts, hopes, fears and even thermal underwear....hehe!
We had such a good time with wonderful people, it was so relaxing.

I feel a real shift for our family, a burgeoning sense of adventure and a new willingness to explore and grow together outside our comfort zones.

This is a good example I suppose...I'm putting pictures on my blog at last!... though I can't take any credit for these. They're all courtesy of Joel for now (thanks love). I'll need to work on expanding my comfort zone with photography ;)

4 comments:

Annie said...

Definitely a beautiful place! I've had some many trips like there where I decide at the last second and am so thankful I did!

Happy birthday, Esme! 5 is such a great year.

xx to you!

Jeanette said...

Happy Birthday to Esme, 5 is suiting her birthday buddy,Sid too.
I love Anglesey. x

Sue-Ann said...

So glad it was fab for you all!

FieldBela said...

so stunnin' these shots... Next time we're coming too. Happy birthday 5 year old Es and 31 year old Sarah!