"Once your consciousness has been raised, it cannot be lowered"

My parenting journey, our home educating family and some other stuff here and there....


Thursday 16 April 2009

Energy

My enthusiasm for writing about EC is waning slightly. I feel the need to digress and muse on other things. Do I start another blog or just diversify my topics here? I don't know.... 

Back to (practical!) EC: it's going OK. not much more to say really. Actually, I think our communication is not quite tip top mostly due to my tiredness and general preoccupation with other things, mainly keeping up with Esme and my thoughts. On a day to day level I don't really register how tired I am, but the broken nights are definitely taking their toll. I find myself slipping into habitual grumpiness and it's been a real struggle to stay present lately. I can't help feeling a good night's sleep would help ;)

Esme is really growing up fast, it's scaring me. It's much more interesting than EC for me at the moment too. She lives in role play land and gets *very* upset if I get her persona mixed up, even more so if other people won't use her "real" (pretend) name. She has a talent for imitation, and we have a variety of accents being used daily, current favourites are her take on American and broad Lancashire. It makes her hollering slightly more amusing when it's delivered with Oscar-winning panache!

Lots going on in my head, I really haven't got the mental capacity to cope with all the thoughts zipping around right now! The best idea I've had is to resurrect my yoga practice and find some peace and stillness up there. I just have to do it now! I must have some energy stored somewhere to help me kick the lethargy. 

Well that's a bit random but never mind, that's the way life is sometimes innit?

5 comments:

Sue-Ann said...

happy kite flying on a windy sunny day also helps!

Charndra at Part Time Diaper Free said...

Hi Sarah,
Sounds like you need a napping weekend!

I do that - have a nap-nurse with my baby (Jett) and put some coins back into my sleep-bank while Dad has his brother running around the rest of the house...yelling, LOL.

A spot of yoga is good for the breathing too.

I sometimes wail that I'll never sleep a full night ever again, even if everyone else does, I still wake to stuff that boob near Jett's face so he can latch on and 'cycle blend', perhaps with a quick wee in his bowl.

I am comforted by remembering a line from Pinky McKay's book that sleep loss turns US into 2 year olds! So true...

Charndra.

P.S Pfft, you don't need to be in tip top form for EC, just go with the flow! You know that!

Annie said...

I'm so with you on talking about ec. I'm excited about ec and would love to share so others can get excited about ec but what do I say about it? It's was a part of our lifestyle and an everyday thing. It was hard to remember to say anything about it! Some days there were misses, other times I realised it had been days without a miss. Sometimes I felt perfectly in tune and others I wondered what the heck I could have been thinking- obviously he needed to pee!

I love the pretending. Lily was so into that- still is in a way. She does her best to imitate an english accent or speaks in "french". She can be so dramatic. It's wonderful!

Maybe you need a more general theme for blogging- either here or start fresh elsewhere. I'd love to read more from you!

Sarah said...

Yeah that kite rocked Sue Ann, really blew away the cobwebs being out in the wind ;) Es made me make one out of bamboo skewers and a freezer bag, not quite the same somehow!

Charndra- I am so up for getting back into my yoga practice, I should be on the mat now... you read my mind ;) I read somewhere that parents sleep half an hour a night less than childless people *for the rest of their lives* ;/ How hard I will be trying to buck that trend!

Hey thanks for the encouragement Annie. If I could produce a blog even a quarter as lovely as yours I'd be well chuffed! Hmmm. I started off EC specific to try and answer the questions people kept asking me about pottying, I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I have.

All food for (more) thought ;)

S x

Sarah said...

Ha! I am so stupid, Charndra didn't read my mind, she read my blog LOL!!! ;)