"Once your consciousness has been raised, it cannot be lowered"

My parenting journey, our home educating family and some other stuff here and there....


Thursday 26 March 2009

jinxed

Well I was hoping to write about all things EC here, though I haven't been writing much at all lately. My most recent 3 week hiatus was because I haven't been wanting to post about good news...whenever I talk about or make any acknowledgement of "good" ECing it seems to go all wrong! I jinx it... 

Anyway, things have been going really well, I have washed virtually no nappies in the last couple of weeks and I was feeling pretty good about things. Not smug, I hasten to add! I was almost considering getting the little pants on M again soon. 

BUT now, even without talking about it, we've been missing loads of wees. Alas, I don't think he has enough trousers to risk the small undies just yet. I need his trousers to survive a while day or more, if possible when being worn by my messy eater, crawler, dirt explorer. Pee is just too risky when outer pants are such a precious commodity!

I was never expecting linear progress so it's not suprising to find we seem to be going backwards again now ;) hey ho....

I am also wondering how on earth I am ever going to get M to pee on a toilet. I think I will hold the bucket over the loo and see if that eases the transition at all. Outside is still the favourite place. Thank goodness spring is here and it's less chilly on his bum! 

Cake in the oven smelling mighty fine, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Adieu. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,
yeah, don't worry about it, just cruise along; you'll all get there!

Just remember you are still EC'ing even if baby is in diapers and pants - it is all about the connection, about your striving to help them stay dry, your openness to their fledgling and sometimes fleeting communication...

A cirner may be turned tomorrow, you never know. 8 month old Jett, my gorgeous itty bit astounds me at what he communicates at times! Other times, eh, he just wets - no worries, just change and go on...

Charndra

Sarah said...

Hi Charndra

You're so right, the C is the important and most enjoyable part, not the E!

I don't think I am results focussed with M, though if I am it is usually related to my washing pile more than anything else ;)

Nice to hear from you, thanks a lot for your comment

S x