"Once your consciousness has been raised, it cannot be lowered"

My parenting journey, our home educating family and some other stuff here and there....


Sunday 18 January 2009

Caught off guard

I take back everything I said about being more relaxed with the potty strike situation. Despite my best efforts to be cool like the Fonz, it's been tough the last week or so.

For some reason, after months of being clean, M suddenly decided he didn't want to poo on the pot ;( I knew he needed to go, offered him the pot and he arched his back off it, and made it quite clear he wanted to be on the floor. When I put him down (nappy free) he immediately, and unceremoniously dumped on the floor! He was also steathily depositing massive poos into his nappy, and seeming quite pleased about it. Oh nooooooo.

I cannot deny that I've felt uncomfortable with this situation. I'm usually pretty pleased to greet a poo on the pot but it's so different when it's in the pants. Anyway, after 4 consecutive days of messy bums it seems to have improved. BUT it was a stark reminder to stay relaxed and not be results focused.

I am still pondering why he might have done this. He's keeping me on my toes.
Anyway, he is so bloomin cute and funny, I can forgive him......




3 comments:

Jeanette said...

He is adorable! looks a lot like you in that photo.

Anonymous said...

Oh he is so cute!! You have it right, if you ask me- What you resist, will persist. (My daily mantra)

I wonder if there is a different way he'd be willing to poop that isn't in the pot or on the floor. Stand on the toilet seat? Over the sink? Or does he just not want you to touch him at all when he's pooping?

Sarah said...

I think he just wanted to be put down- as soon as I let go of him he let go of "it"!

Things do seem much better, he is going on the pot again. Phew! I have to have a little word with him to start with as he'll still try and get off. Once I've gently reminded him this is "the place" he settles down. Funny!

Thanks for the suggestions, and the admiration of my wee man ;) Glad you think he's resembling me Jeanette, most folks seem to be saying he looks like Esme!